How Do I?
- What are the qualifications for being enlisted as Paraprofessional Assistant?
- What are the qualifications to enroll as Paraprofessional?
- How is a Foreign Veterinarian registered with the Council?
- Can a non-Tanzanian veterinarian be registered and work in the country? (Temporary and permanent registration).
Veterinary Council of Tanzania
VETERINARY COUNCIL OF TANZANIA
To oversee veterinary professional ethics and the implementation of Veterinary Act. No. 16 of 2003.
The Council will perform the following activities: -
- Effect registration enrolment and enlistment of veterinary professional, paraprofessionals and paraprofessional assistants.
- Monitor the performance of veterinary professionals, paraprofessionals and paraprofessionals assistants.
- Register and regulate the veterinary practice facilities.
- Coordinate formulation updating and dissemination of guidelines and standards for these practices.
- Advise and make recommendations to the Minister on any matters related to veterinary practice.
- Recognize qualifications training institutions or bodies in accrediting courses of training curriculum, which provide qualifications for registration, enrolment and enlistment of veterinary professionals, paraprofessional and paraprofessional assistants.
- Exercise effective disciplinary control over the professional ethics and conduct of veterinary practice.
- Arrange and conduct qualifying examinations to establish competence in the veterinary education and practice.
- Promote and encourage educational advancement with regard to practice of the veterinary profession.
The Secretariat will be led by a Registrar.