How Do I?
- What are the qualifications for being enlisted as Paraprofessional Assistant?
- What are the qualifications to enroll as Paraprofessional?
- How is a Foreign Veterinarian registered with the Council?
- Can a non-Tanzanian veterinarian be registered and work in the country? (Temporary and permanent registration).
Environmental Management Unit
ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT UNIT
To provide expertise on environment management within the Livestock Sector.
This Unit will perform the following activities: -
- Monitor compliance with the requirement of Environment Management Act within the Livestock Sector.
- Advice on policy and legal reviews on environmental management in the Livestock Sector in Collaboration with Vice President’s Office (Division of Environment).
- Monitor environmental protection compliance in the Livestock Sector.
- Oversee the implementation of strategies to minimize adverse social – economic impacts due to Livestock Sector activities.
- Undertake strategic environmental assessment of the Livestock Sector on sectoral legislation, regulations, policies, plans, strategies and program
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of Environmental and Social Impact Assessments required for the investments in Livestock.
- Collaborate with the Ministry responsible for Local Governments, to build technical capacity of LGAs to integrated environmental issues related to Livestock Sector.
- Educate the public on environmental friendly Livestock.
- Prepare and coordinate the implementation of Livestock Sector environmental action plans at the national and local levels as required under EMA.
This Unit will be led by a Principal Environmental Officer.