How Do I?
- What are the qualifications for being enlisted as Paraprofessional Assistant?
- What are the qualifications to enroll as Paraprofessional?
- How is a Foreign Veterinarian registered with the Council?
- Can a non-Tanzanian veterinarian be registered and work in the country? (Temporary and permanent registration).
Livestock Production and Marketing Development Division
LIVESTOCK PRODUCTION AND MARKET DEVELOPMENT DIVISION
To develop livestock resources, ensure production of quality animals, marketing, and by-products for domestic and export markets.
- (i)To facilitate and provide technical backstopping in processing, marketing and provision of information.
- (ii)To develop and review livestock, livestock products and marketing infrastructures policies, guidelines and standards.
- (iii)To monitor, regulate and coordinate livestock and livestock products production, processing and marketing infrastructure development and operations.
- (iv)To promote and monitor hides and skins production and management.
- (v)To promote quality livestock management practices.
- (vi)To manage and conserve livestock resources available and those under threat of extinction.
- (vii)To maintain livestock database for sharing.
The Division will be led by a Director and will have three (3) Sections as follows: -
- 1.Livestock Genetic Resources Development and Production Section.
This section will perform the following activities: -
- Institute and regulate production, conservation, utilization registration and distribution of quality livestock breeds.
- Develop and review legislation for development of quality livestock breeds and establish a Bureau for Animal Genetics Resource (BAGR) for genetic conservation.
- Liaise with other organizations dealing with genetic improvement and conservation at Region and International levels.
- Supervise and register centers concerned with production and conservation of animal genetic materials.
- Regulate importation of genetic materials in the Country.
- Promote and strengthen establishment of Farmers Breeders Associations for indigenous and exotic breeds.
- Promote production of quality breeds of livestock.
- Monitor production of improved stocks in public and private sectors.
- Facilitate and monitor production of non-conventional animals including water buffaloes, donkey, horses, mules, camels and rabbits.
- Promote and monitor the use of biotechnology in livestock production.
- Review and enforce legislation governing quality control of hides and skins.
- Promote development of hides and skins technologies for improvement of the industry.
- Promote use of modern techniques and production of quality animals through artificial insemination, embryo transfer and feed-lotting.
This Section will be led by an Assistant Director
- 2.Livestock Marketing and Infrastructure Development Section.
The Section will perform the following activities: -
- Promote, facilitate and coordinate rehabilitation, construction of market infrastructure.
- Promote and strengthen public – private partnership investment in livestock market infrastructure.
- Regulate, Monitor and evaluate livestock market activities.
- Up-scale and strengthen livestock information management system in collaboration with Ministry of Industry, Trade and Investment.
- Promote marketing of livestock products and by-products.
- Facilitate proper use livestock infrastructure including weighing bridge.
- Strengthen trade of live animals in livestock market in collaboration with other institutions in combating illegal livestock trade.
- Promote trade of high quality hides and skins and increased production of domestic leather goods.
This Section will be led by an Assistant Director.
- 3.Livestock Products, Food Security and Nutrition Section.
- Facilitate, monitor and promote investment in meat and dairy industries.
- Liaise with Meat and Dairy Boards in regulating the meat and dairy industries, respectively.
- Promote production of high quality hides and skins.
- Promote and strengthen hides and skins traders, producers and processors associations.
- Revitalization and operationalization of Tanzania Institute of Leather Technology (TILT) and financing of leather training on production centers.
- Promote, monitor and strengthen livestock products and by-products production, value addition and distribution to ensure access to consumers.
- Conduct periodic assessment to establish demand and availability of livestock products.
- Promote and foster consumption of animal products among Tanzanians especially for children under five years.
- Collect process and disseminate data on quantities and prices of animal products and by-products.
- Monitor the production of livestock products at all stages from the producer to the end user.
- Co-ordinate and mainstream animal products in food security matters being effected/implemented for the time being, by other bodies or organizations.
- Co-operate and exchange information about food security related to livestock products and by products with different organizations at national regional and international levels.
This Section will be led by an Assistant Director.