How Do I?
- What are the qualifications for being enlisted as Paraprofessional Assistant?
- What are the qualifications to enroll as Paraprofessional?
- How is a Foreign Veterinarian registered with the Council?
- Can a non-Tanzanian veterinarian be registered and work in the country? (Temporary and permanent registration).
To promote production of fish through fish farming and production of other aquatic organisms (aquaculture) in the country.
- To develop, review and monitor implementation of aquaculture policies, legislation, guidelines and standards.
- To identify potential areas for investment in aquaculture.
- To monitor and coordinate aquaculture production, processing, marketing, infrastructure technology development and aquaculture operations.
- To regulate and control aquaculture inputs.
- To prevent, control and manage aquatic deceases.
- To strengthen collaboration with relevant regional and international institutions responsible for implementation of aquaculture development, protocols and management conventions.
- To promote and facilitate formation and functioning of aquaculture associations.
- To promote development of aquaculture Technologies that aim at mitigating climate change effects.
- To regulate, control and strengthen inspectorate services of cross-border and in-house aquaculture products and inputs for export, import and domestic use.
- To promote and strengthen public – private partnership investment in aquaculture.to coordinate environmental impact assessment activities for aquaculture investment and monitor their implementation.
- To promote conservation of aquatic genetic resources.
- To conduct risk assessment and regulate entry of exotic species and Genetic Modified Organisms (GMOs).
The Division will be led by a Director and will have two (2) Sections as follows: -
- Freshwater Aquaculture Section
This Section will perform the following activities: -
- Promote freshwater aquaculture development in potential areas.
- Coordinate and provide mechanism for stocking or restocking of open water bodies including irrigation programmes.
- Promote expansion of viable freshwater aquaculture technologies appropriate for small, medium and large scale.
- Collaborate and liaise with National, Regional and International Organizations involved in freshwater aquaculture development.
- Initiate and implement FAO Code of Conduct for Responsible Aquaculture to provide guideline to address environmental and social issues.
- Coordinate risk assessment, prevent entry of exotic species and Genetic Modified Organisms (GMOs).
- Prepare guidelines for aqua-farms; hatchery and nursery management.
- Develop in-house test methods, liaison with National, Regional and International bodies for the purpose of identifying and adopting appropriate test methods to satisfy customer requirements.
- Develop and implement laboratory policies, standards and procedures.
- Liaise with standards institutions being it is Local, Regional or International for the purpose of developing fisheries and aquaculture standards.
- Collaborate with national and international laboratories to validate tests and standards for research and diagnostics.
This Unit will be led by a Principal Officer.